Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Gourds: I like to...

Cut 'em... burn 'em... paint 'em... and dress 'em up:

Views: 203

Replies to This Discussion

Wow those sure are neat lookin !!! Guess I`m going to have get me some gourds and give it a try carving on them.

There are as many techniques as there are ideas, Randy. If I can help you, just ask!

Randy S. Bretz said:

Wow those sure are neat lookin !!! Guess I`m going to have get me some gourds and give it a try carving on them.

Hey Dan, well I`m pretty good at using a dremel to carve with, figure I could probably carve one pretty easy. How thick are they though?

Dan DeBruler said:
There are as many techniques as there are ideas, Randy. If I can help you, just ask!

Randy S. Bretz said:

Wow those sure are neat lookin !!! Guess I`m going to have get me some gourds and give it a try carving on them.

Randy -

 

They're anywhere between 1/16" - 1/4" thick. I use a dremel for the fine carving, but for bigger cuts, I lay a wet cloth on the gourd to soften it, then cut it with an X-Acto. You can also use your dremel to carve out figures into the skin for inlays, biases, etc. Possibilities are endless.

Randy S. Bretz said:

Hey Dan, well I`m pretty good at using a dremel to carve with, figure I could probably carve one pretty easy. How thick are they though?

Dan DeBruler said:
There are as many techniques as there are ideas, Randy. If I can help you, just ask!

Randy S. Bretz said:

Wow those sure are neat lookin !!! Guess I`m going to have get me some gourds and give it a try carving on them.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service