Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Hi my name is rich, I found this sight when I was looking for a spacing template for frets. I had purchased a set of log g GDG strings last year and I had started on the project be purchasing wood ETC and I lost my focus. I am getting back to it though. I am planning on using 2 spent brass 38 special cartridges soldered open end to each other for the bottom end where the 3 strings will be attached and head up to the neck. Bear with me, I do not know the correct term for some parts. I know frets and strings but I do not know which end is the bridge. Any way I plan on drilling 3 small holes in the wood piece and then I will be attaching the soldered shells at a 90 degree across the wood and the strings will run up the neck to where I will have , Perhaps a Brass bolt running at 90 degrees and then I plan on attaching 6 small 90 degree corner brackets 3 sets opposite each other and then I plan on running a threaded bolt through then and I want to solder a brass fishing swivel on the bottom of each and drill 3 holes in each bolt and then I will be able to run the strings through the holes to secure them and then adjust the nots on each bolt to put mention on a string.  I want to make this thing look like I built it out of junk I have on hand, Which is what I am doing.  I have an old wood salad bowl that I have notched out on opposite sides so the wood piece runs across the top edge of the wood bowl and ends up flush on the top. I will be cutting the wood in a sculptures curve after it comes across the wood bowl and I will be cutting out below the strings as they come across the bowl. As soon as I finish I will try to tune and then I want to play         BAD TO THE BONE   I play that on the sax but it is hard to sing when I am playing the sax and I do not have the wind I used to.  Thank you for reading

rich gannon

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds great Rich.  The shells would be called the bridge and the bolt will be the nut.  Your idea for the tuners sounds interesting.  Keep us posted with pics.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service