Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Kathy Creek

I am excited to be a member of this group.  I make bass guitars with small bodies.  I started making cigar box guitars recently and I'm having a lot of fun.   I look forward to getting advise and input on some of the things I am making. Let me know what you think of this new bridge.

KatCreek Guitars

Views: 136

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Very cool bridge Kathy, please explain it to us (I added the pic to your post).  Please describe how you made it - kinda looks like you can move the parts for intonation...

High end work!

Thanks Martin &Ted
Yes the parts or plates can be moved to allow for intonation and can be made different widths for various string spacing needs. The plates are held in place by side set screws.

send more info about your small body bass, I am learning the bass, jim

Hi Jim,

Be happy to.  My favorite instrument is the bass.  I tried the six string but it just wasn't my favorite instrument. 

My basses are small bodied but still can be the 34" scale.  Here's a photo of the first of the latest style that is almost ready to string up. This is the first public photos of the style.   The body is  ~8"x14" and weighs about 5 pounds.  I call the deNovo V100; V for violin bass. 

I have a balancing device (not shown) integral to the body to keep the neck from diving. They work great for the cigar box style as well.

I'm looking for feedback on the style. 

Thanks!
Kathy

Attachments:

looks nice, would like to see finished product and what the price will be, jim

A balancing device???

Jim Thanks!  I'll post the final product in the next month I hope.  I will be selling the deNovo V100 from $2,000-$4,000.  Yes a little pricey but worth it. 

Ted, The balancing device is to keep the neck from diving while playing standing up.   It basically is a rod that extends from the body that the shoulder strap attaches to.  The player can position it according to how he/she plays.  It goes behind the neck so the audience cannot see it.  I call it "The Comfort Rod".

RSS

© 2018   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service