Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

There are a few online fret calculators that will give you the fret spacing for any given scale length. 

***** FretFind2D. lets you print a multiple page template.  Enter you scale length and other info and click Submit.  Then on the next page, request PDF Files (multiple pages).  Use tape or spray adhesive to attach it to the fretboard and a straightedge and razor knife to scribe the position

FretFind2D is the one I use.  No need to download an app, plus if you enter enough parameters it will also print the nut & bridge location with markings for where to cut the slots for strings.

The StewMac Fret Calculator can give you fret measurements for many different instruments. It doesn't print a template but will give distances in inches or mm, it's more precise to choose mm.  When measuring, always measure from the nut, it's more precise that way.

WFRET is a downloadable application for Windows computers.  I've also attached it below as a downloadable file.

Anyone else have solutions?

Tags: 2d, calculator, crocker, fret, fretfind, length, print, scale, ted

Views: 7333

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.harpkit.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=...
Randy Bretz turned me and others on to this fret chart and it is great for any length scale and also duli scale . Well worth the price ... Check out the forum he has posted pictures of it ...
bump

I know this is a 3 year old thread but I am having some confusion with a template generated by FretFind2D. To keep it simple, I chose a 24"  scale but the template I printed looks to me to be 12" at fret 13. I thought it should be fret 12. What am I missing?

One thing with them printed scales one line , To me, is that printers may fail to do what id want. If your good at measuring super accurate , use stewmacs

You were right about the printer. Adam from  FretFind2D told me to try turning off the printer "scaling" option and that appears to have fixed the problem. On a 24" scale, the 12th fret nis as 12".

jim said:

One thing with them printed scales one line , To me, is that printers may fail to do what id want. If your good at measuring super accurate , use stewmacs

RSS

Great book by Clubhouse Member David Sutton

Great book by Clubhouse Member Mike Orr

© 2014   Created by Ted Crocker.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service