Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Views: 5182

Replies to This Discussion

Worth watching NOW!!!

Wow!  Knotlenny is a great teacher.  This is the best 'How to Play' video about CBG's I've ever seen.

Until 2 days ago, I had never heard of a CBG (thanks Rich H.) 

This KnotLenny video is the first one I have seen that makes me feel that I too may be able to play the CBG.

(Totally intimidated by other videos that speak over my head!)

While we wait for Knotlenny to do a 'follow-up' video....WOULD ANY OF YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND SIMILAR "BASIC" VIDEOS to watch or buy?

Thanks,

kieta

Awesome Keith!  Try LJs 7 video set in the CBG Playing for Dummies group.  You'll get a real confidence boost, and pick up some licks that folks will recognize.

Practice and practice some more, and then check out some of the other lessons and you'll learn a little theory and get more confidence.

Awesome, video

Sorry this comment sounds so basic, but I can do basic notes and read tabs, but have no ear for strumming patterns. His right hand is cut off on this awesome vid. Can anyone tell me the strumming pattern? Ex. Down down up down up....etc. I just can't seem to replicate and I really need to learn a basic song to keep me motivated with this cbg I just built. Thanks. Cbg, half the strings,...twice the soul!

Great lesson!!!

Worth a

{ { { { B U M P } } } }

Harleytodd said:
Sorry this comment sounds so basic, but I can do basic notes and read tabs, but have no ear for strumming patterns. His right hand is cut off on this awesome vid. Can anyone tell me the strumming pattern? Ex. Down down up down up....etc. I just can't seem to replicate and I really need to learn a basic song to keep me motivated with this cbg I just built. Thanks. Cbg, half the strings,...twice the soul!

I am new here and in the same boat. I have zero experience playing any instruments and cannot follow what the strumming pattern is. I know it is easy for most anyway but I'm clueless and need some guidance. Thx!

bump

Love this lesson, I've built a couple of cbg. but can play anything on them yet! So I have to watch and listen to my grandson play them. I hope these lesson help me.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service