Handmade Music Clubhouse

Cigar Box Guitar Headquarters - CBG HQ

Audacity® is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. Learn more about Audacity... Also check the Wiki and Forum for more information.

The latest release of Audacity is 1.3.12 (Beta). This is an active "work in progress" version with the latest features. Documentation and translations into different languages are not quite complete. We recommend this version for more advanced users, and for everyone on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.6. See New Features in 1.3 for more information about the 1.3 Beta series.

Download Audacity Here

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, Audacity work's quite well. I've messed with a few recording programs in the past, but this one is just tooooo simple!

You simply download the free software (Audacity) and then open the program.

Get set up to record with all your equipment, I just used a cheap USB microphone and my amp for the guitar and bass amp for my stompbox...

After you're set up on your end, just hit the record button near the top left/top middle and start recording. If you want to rerecord your tunes then just go to "Edit" and hit delete and it will delete the highlighted portion of the track you selected, or if you want the whole track gone then just click the little "X" marker on the track itself that you just recorded (it will be to the direct left of the track on the lefthand side of the screen).

Once you finally have what you want... (You can also record multiple tracks by simply finding a spot that you want to 'come in' on and hit record and it will record from that point, or just record from the begenning by hitting the button near the record button on the top left/top middle of the program) You can save the entire project, which I suggest you do so that you can come back and edit it later - or go to File and come down to where it says "Export as WAV" or "Export as MP3" and then that will save it to your desktop. It compressed all the tracks into one single track that will play in your media player.

If you want to Export as an MP3 you must download an additional piece of software. I cannot remember exactly the webaddress that I found it at, but I got it from Jim, so ask him and he will direct you to the website for the additional (mp3 conversion software) it's really quick and easy to use with a full tutorial/instructions on the download page.

Hope this helps a little, I've had a few too many drinks tonight so this may just be all rambling nonesense, but if you need help I have a very basic understanding of the program, just shoot me a message and I'll do my best!
Heres the link to convert http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=install&item=lame-mp3 to mp3, so you can upload it

Now a days most all recording audio interfaces come with a cut down version of a recording software, Cakewalks, Sonar or more likely Cubase....you can even find some decent free ones in some home recording magazines......the ones that have a free  (yea right) DVD attached. I prefer Sonar......I get mine off of Ebay, used ones that can not have a license transfer, but I can find updates for that version online for free......I got Sonar 8 Professional all the updates, yes the original disk with SN. for a low low price off of ebay......you can also find low price audio interfaces on the Bay.......used and new.......Have fun....Mike Cossey.....

Yes it is legal to sell and buy used registered software, you just can't update via company or take advantage of any offers to upgrade to the newer version at the previous owners discount  price....

RSS

© 2017   Created by Ted Crocker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service