[this blog will be various stories from a book i started a few years ago.] so i am writing a book about building guitars for fun and different aspects of the building process and different locations in the rural south were the builds have taken place. this all comes from a rough draft that has not been pre-read or edited yet. my journal has 28 guitars in it but not all were complete.these stories will cover just a few of them. the states of the builds were -- louisiana--arkansas--texas--tenessee--oklahoma and maybe a few more. intro--2-21-06 for ten years i have been telling myself that one day i will write a book, i never did figure out what i wanted to write about so i waited some more.then i waited another 9 years. today the thought occurred to me what to write about. i started a journal to record tecniques and descriptions about different guitar projects i have worked on and are still working on some still today. this book will be based on that journal and the events that took place during the time frame of some of those builds. i started my journal in 1992 but my first build was in 1991 these are some of my notes from build no.-000 a solid body 6 string guitar. hand made in fort smith arkansas. spring-autum 1991. top is.25- in. mahogany arched 1- piece. body is 1.5- in. thick 3-piece. 2 pieces silver maple bookmatched with one piece of black walnut sanwiched in between the maple. back is .25 in. mahogany 1-piece neck is hardrock maple. fingerboard is rosewood. headstock is maple/walnut. after gluing the 3-piece body together the top was arched with block plane to fit the mahogany arched top to it. the back was left flat. the top had f-holes all ready cut into it so after the top and back were glued to the solid body center i cut the f-holes all the way through the body by hand with a coping saw. i next hand chiseled a groove into the body to join neck with a tongue in groove type setting. i used a bolt on neck that was all ready made but i modified it in several ways. i hand chiseled a tongue on the back of the neck to glue it into the body. the headstock was strat style. i dowel filled the tuner holes then i sliced a piece off of the bottom of the headstock and glued a piece of walnut in its place. then reshaped to accomadate 4 tuners on top and 2 tuners on bottom into the new walnut piece. it was a tone experiment. 2-22-06 after gluing in the neck i made double cutaways and shaped the neck joint fer smoothness. the body style was similar to a les paul in size and thickness i hand chiseled a cavity for a humbucker at the bridge. i drilled holes for the bridge and tailpiece les paul style.i drilled the wiring access hole from input jack plate to pickup cavity. i installed one exposed coil creme colored dimarzio humbucker for powerplant. got all the hardware installed and strings on it fer test run and checked action and all the other important things and it all looked good. afer all test runs were done i removed all hardware and put the finish work on it with no stain only several clear coats of laquer. the whole process took about 70 hours to complete then i knew i was hooked. after finishing my first guitar i was ready to build more. stay tuned fer the next blog instrument adventure where my next build took place in my homeland of louisiana. it will be a tale of more than just building an instrument. thanks fer reading my story.